POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curious perversions of IT : Re: Curious perversions of IT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curious perversions of IT
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 19 Aug 2011 09:30:00
Message: <web.4e4e634b7e07552985627c70@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Suppose the local government wants to build a bridge across a large

> go with the last one?? WTF?! No! Nobody *ever* does this!
> So if it doesn't happen in structural engineering, why the hell does it
> constantly happen in software engineering?

cases where software companies are ready, willing and eager to charge many, many
times the amount that actually needs to be spent in order to achieve what the

and sell them to anyone who will buy them.  If we manage to sell one to someone

technically unskilled buyers for suspecting that one or more software vendors
are trying to bamboozle them into spending large multiples of the actual
necessary amount. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

And for those who would reply:

individuals who only want to be paid a fair price for the products they work
hard to produce. There are just a few bad apples out there unjustly tarnishing

I would very much appreciate it if you would supply me with the name and
coordinates (preferably GCS) of the planet on which you are living.

The REAL problem, as I see it, is the pig-headed unwillingness of so many
corporate executives to employ people who actually KNOW whether $4,000.00
software or $4,000,000.00 software is needed and allow them to make the purchase
decisions.

I do know even more about how to solve this problem permanently, but I would

detailing this solution could be YOURS in only six months for a mere
$285,000.00.*

Best Regards,
Mike C.
Chief Supervising Consultant
Elder Pontification Group
(D.B.A. Atlantian Snake Oil Distributors)