POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Post your first image! : Re: Post your first image! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post your first image!
From: s day
Date: 3 Aug 2011 13:45:00
Message: <web.4e3987f2320d8d018818f2400@news.povray.org>

> The image was most likely rendered on a 386 DX-40 machine (without
> mathematical co-processor), using /some/ DOS version of POV-Ray
> (presumably 2.0). As for the rendering time, I just recall it to have
> been /awfully/ long.

I thought the DX machines were the ones with the co-processor, my first PC was a
386 SX-33 and I remember complaining to the person who built it as I had asked
for a DX with a co-processor and 4MB of memory. I remember him saying nothing
has been written to use the co-processors so he did not think there was any
point in adding one. Also asking me why I needed 4MB of memory, he obviously was
not aware of POV-Ray.

Unfortunately I do not have my first image any longer so cannot post it. I have
the files on an old 3.25 floppy disk but do not have anything with a floppy disk
drive to get hold of it..

Sean