POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Legoland, 695 race car : Re: Legoland, 695 race car Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Legoland, 695 race car
From: SafePit
Date: 30 Jul 2011 14:25:01
Message: <web.4e344bde34cfa5d2101cf8500@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "SafePit" <ste### [at] reids4funcom> wrote:
> > Nice.  You might want to zoom in a bit to show the detail.  Aren't the axel's
> > the milk white versions?
>
> The picture on the box is indeed white, but the included parts were black. The
> wind shield was also different than the picture, 2x2 instead of 2x3 ramp.
> As for the zoom, I'm trying to hide the low level of detail in the wheels...
> working on it.
>
> Stephen S

Ah! I didn't know that.  That would have been good to know. I had a heck of a
time getting rid of the artifacts trying render that axle with the
semi-transparent texture. http://www.flickr.com/photos/safepit/4402598701/

I like the way you randomly rotated the wheels.  The faucets are nice too.  Are
these your own bricks or are you using a library?

Can't wait to see the more detailed version!