POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question to the programers here : Re: Question to the programers here Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question to the programers here
From: H  Karsten
Date: 29 Jul 2011 23:05:00
Message: <web.4e337366f2d3f33aa3bfeb720@news.povray.org>

> Oh, yes, that's certainly true.  Trust me to pick the most complicated
> example rather than the simplest.  Even BASIC really allows this (most
> variations) without any complexity at all.
>
> Jim

Yes I can imagine that, when fiddling with the pointers. But I'm still sure,
that I need to manipulate a second thing, saying basic that my array is REALLY
bigger by now.

Before using Rebol, I would just never have come to the idea to do so ;)

The final reason to get rid of Basic was, that I loaded a file into the memory,
run through it, by assigning the content (byte by byte) to just another variable
(a byte as well, and so that the value coming from before was simply
overwritten)

.......The program crashed - not because of an error in the code (that thing was
just five lines or something). But it crashed when the parsed file was simply
big :C

After that I decided to use something more serious ;)

Holger