POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question to the programers here : Re: Question to the programers here Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question to the programers here
From: H  Karsten
Date: 29 Jul 2011 22:30:00
Message: <web.4e336becf2d3f33aa3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
ok, that doesn't sound to complicate, when writing a function to do so.

Do I need to do something with the number, using /to point/ onto the value?

like in PovRay this would look like something(number)=value, means the "number"
- when increasing the memory for the array it does not automatically give me the
option to use higher numbers - or does it?

For example saying something(345)=120, then increasing the memory for it and
after this saying something(346)=800? In this case I would estimate an error
message, saying, that I initialised the array only for 345 values. What says c
or c++ that there is now more space available?

Does it automatically check this every time?

(Hope this was not to confusing)

Holger