POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I love a good debunking : Re: I love a good debunking Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I love a good debunking
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 21 Jul 2011 11:50:01
Message: <web.4e2849989f370eba85627c70@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> ...The major difference is
> that the US congress is listening to him (even though he's not a scientist,
> by his own admission).

It's not so much that this guy is actually *swaying* anyone in Congress, rather
it's simply the case that a large number of are legislators are bought and paid
for by corporate interests who are intent on maximizing their profits regardless
of the reality of global warmimg.  These folks are more than willing to exploit
any ol' diversion, misdirection or smoke screen (a genuinely accidental pun)
that becomes available.

Warmest Regards,
(deliberate pun)
MIke C.