POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A loopy object : A loopy object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  A loopy object
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 19 Jul 2011 04:25:01
Message: <web.4e253e88527ada034dfe64570@news.povray.org>
As been a POV user and a ray-tracing fan since '93-'94, I decided to start
working on some new scenes and exploration with everything again after a many
years' break. =)

The object I modelled in TopMod3D, and exported the .obj to a POV mesh via Wings
3D. The final scene is made and rendered in POV v3.62.

The scene includes:
- radiosity
- area & ambient light
- focal blur camera
- +a0.3

Original image size is 1024x768, here resized to 800x600.
Total rendering time: 15min 46s with Phenom II x4 925 2.8 GHz + 4GB RAM

This is the 1st time I ever try any visual modellers; I've always preferred the
scene description language way and fiddling around with CSG n stuff. ;) However,
at times some exploring can do good, me thinks, so gave it a try. Also wanted to
examine radiosity, focal blur and lightning settings a bit to add some more
"in-there" feeling to it.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'loop_spline_final.jpg' (231 KB)

Preview of image 'loop_spline_final.jpg'
loop_spline_final.jpg