POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My best so far. : Re: My best so far. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My best so far.
From: Tracker
Date: 11 Jul 2011 17:55:00
Message: <web.4e1b70a4f15df19e7d9510500@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > On 6-7-2011 22:16, Tracker wrote:
> >> I have been messing around with LDraw and POV-Ray for five years now and
> >> recently I have been doing more than simple conversions.
> >>
> >> This image took 14 hours to get right and 45 minutes to render. It is
> >> named
> >> Lupi has appeared to Lego Draw and uses Radiosity, ground fog (that is
> >> how I
> >> found out it was technicaly upside down), many modified textures, a
> >> relocated
> >> camera (I may just insert a new one next time), and about a dozen
> >> point lights
> >> off frame to the right.
> >>
> >> I am now using what I have learned from this in a new project named
> >> Masterpiece,
> >> which will have a more proper terrain and photons.
> >
> > I suppose it is intended, but the image appears too dark to me, and the
> > sky(?) is very grainy...
> >
> > Thomas
>
> I agree, way to dark and very, very grainy.

I can't get it to load from the page, but it was much less grainy, wait yeah,
the Clouds are grainy, and so is the ground (as it should be), there is a lot of
reflection, it is set at night on the surface as opposed to in a cave as it
should have been.  It could have been better, but this is the first time I have
tried something this complex.