POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Comment by Tavis Smiley while interviewing Cedric The Entertainer : Re: Comment by Tavis Smiley while interviewing Cedric The Entertainer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comment by Tavis Smiley while interviewing Cedric The Entertainer
From: Charles C
Date: 9 Jul 2011 20:15:01
Message: <web.4e18ed335b52bd6cac4259f0@news.povray.org>
> On 7/9/2011 15:43, Charles C wrote:
> > and when / why people can make such remarks.
>
> I think both the when and why are directly answered by the fact that he felt
> the need to do so and you understood what he was saying.
>
> --
> Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    "Coding without comments is like
>     driving without turn signals."

Sure, that's when and why he said it.  What I was trying to get at is in the
word "can":
To expand, what I meant by
"...and when / why people can make such remarks"
is
"...and under what circumstances it is socially acceptable to make such
remarks".

Is your point that anybody should be able to say whatever's on their mind?

Charles