POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth and Sun : Re: Earth and Sun Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth and Sun
From: jhu
Date: 7 Jul 2011 09:40:00
Message: <web.4e15b6cb6363e255f4bdd9650@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> On 7/07/2011 1:39, jhu wrote:
> > Well, this is what I get. It worked back when I was using 3.1g. Maybe the light
> > source is too far away?
>
> light distance shouldn't matter AFAIK, in all honesty, I think you're
> just doing something wrong :)
>
> I'll see if I can write some basic documentation for my lensflaresystem
> later today.

I set

#declare effect_always_on_top=0;

and get the following (the prior image is with effect_always_on_top = 1).
However, now the lens flare goes behind the planet. So, now it's render errors
or having the effect end up behind objects.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'earth.png' (141 KB)

Preview of image 'earth.png'