POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crab Canon : Re: Crab Canon Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crab Canon
From: nemesis
Date: 2 Jul 2011 16:30:01
Message: <web.4e0f7f8146738ec59a1bcfb90@news.povray.org>
> On 01/07/2011 08:08 PM, nemesis wrote:
>
> > you really don't enjoy art, do you?
>
> Depends on what you call "art".
>
> If by "art" you mean something like a skillful painter constructing a
> giant painting of an epic vista, then yeah. I can appreciate that.
>
> If by "art" you mean somebody putting a pile of bricks in a corner and
> selling it for 4.8 million USD because it's now "art"... no, I really
> don't enjoy art at all.
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Same for me.  Now what about recursive, self-mirroring stories and music?  Is
that not good art too?  Moreover, good art asking for the audience intellects to
join in, rather than passively contemplate?

sometimes, I fear you enjoy more the thrill of your hands running and jumping
all over the organ keyboard than the sounds thus produced...