POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lytro Cameras : Lytro Cameras Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Lytro Cameras
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Jun 2011 21:45:00
Message: <web.4e029a1b6ec54cc8f3c9d8950@news.povray.org>
Forget focal blur.  I'd like POV to output files in this thing's format.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/lytro-the-camera-that-could-change-photography-forever/

By capturing more information from the scene, pictures taken with a Lytro camera
allow you to adjust the focus after the picture has been taken.  The bottom of
the page linked above has some picttures you can try it out yourself with.

While I'm certain the above pictures were cherry picked to show this capability
in its best light, I'm very excited about seeing how it works once consumer
models ship.

....Chambers