POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : E-Ink madness : E-Ink madness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  E-Ink madness
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Jun 2011 10:05:00
Message: <web.4dff52b071a373b5352a052d0@news.povray.org>
http://www.eink.com/rugged.html

they truly put the eInk display included in a special Esquire magazine under
some heavy stress...

BTW, nextgen eInk is in color, got some nice refresh rates and is expect to
powerup nextgen Kindle, Nook and other eReaders so as they can counter iPad,
iTards and LCDs alike... of course, I expect displaying movies and animations is
not expected to be its main use, otherwise one of the main features of eInk --
low power consumption (it only uses power when it needs to refresh a page -- is
lost.  But reference short clips in an Encyclopedia ebook, schoolbooks,
magazines and newspapers would be welcome additions, I guess.