POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner scene, continued : Re: Spinner scene, continued Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner scene, continued
From: posfan12
Date: 19 Jun 2011 12:00:01
Message: <web.4dfe1bd6a93c74e4b67b29550@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "posfan12" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Here are some close-ups of the buildings.
>

> This is all incredibly cool stuff.
>
> Can you give hints as to your lighting & texturing strategy?
> Is it radiosity? ambient, etc. etc.
> thanks.

I think I just chose colors wisely. I'm just using a single point light without
any special properties. No radiosity or media. If I were to illuminate the
central scene with the overhanging lamp as it actually should be it would
probably look crappy and bleak/stark. At least, that's what happened last time I
tried.

Good luck!

Mike