POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complicated : Re: Complicated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated
From: Aydan
Date: 7 Jun 2011 14:50:00
Message: <web.4dee72ba8dd72f563771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
> Or how about this: Try pressing the same keys on a keyboard in the same
> complex sequence, with your eyes closed.
>
> Oh, wait... I can actually do that. And I frequently do. On a daily
> basis, in fact. Obviously my brain lacks the "precision" necessary to
> position my fingers to exactly align with the notes even though there's
> no tactile feedback until I actually touch the key...

As for precision, try the following experiment:
1. Sit in front of your computer and put your finger on a key.
2. Close your eyes
3. wave aroud wildly with your arms
4. put the finger back on the key from step one.
5. open your eyes
Did you hit the same key? I doubt it.
If you can do that than that's what I'd call precice.
Moving youf finger a few centimeters without watching and hitting a key that is
more than a finger wide is not precise.