POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complicated : Re: Complicated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated
From: Aydan
Date: 7 Jun 2011 14:35:00
Message: <web.4dee6e6c8dd72f563771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
> Or how about this: Try pressing the same keys on a keyboard in the same
> complex sequence, with your eyes closed.
>
> Oh, wait... I can actually do that. And I frequently do. On a daily
> basis, in fact. Obviously my brain lacks the "precision" necessary to
> position my fingers to exactly align with the notes even though there's
> no tactile feedback until I actually touch the key...

Every time you touch a key you get the feedback you need to compensate for
drift, because you feel if you were to the right or to the left of the key
center or you hit the wrong key entirely.
The same for touch typing on a computer keyboard. You wouldn't be able to do
that on a touchscreen without tactile feedback where the keys actually are.