POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So many questions : Re: So many questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So many questions
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Jun 2011 08:25:00
Message: <web.4dee185ea2fb4aff9a1bcfb90@news.povray.org>
> Am 07.06.2011 10:43, schrieb Invisible:
> > Fact: The shear modulus of the human brain matter is 1680 Pa.
> > Seriously. Like, somebody took a sample of human brain and actually
> > measured how hard you can squish it? WHY?!?
>
> Forensics? Better evaluation of crash test results?

BTW, some times japanese manga comes up with some interesting thoughts.  I read
in Blade of the Immortal a suggestion that europeans had quite a better grasp on
medicine as opposed to the traditional chinese medicine because they had quite
good knowledge of the human body and its inner workings for all the centuries
worth of painful and barbaric tortures and death penalties.  Europeans were
making surgery while chinese were still drinking bitter tea.

I'm sure there was plenty of torture in china too, but while europeans were
cracking open bodies and letting them rot in public places during the dark ages,
china was in the height of a sophisticated civilization.  Death penalties were
usually carried out quickly rather than in agony.