POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MSet+ : Re: MSet+ Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MSet+
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 25 May 2011 02:05:00
Message: <web.4ddc9b71f9315c66961ce4ff0@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I'll try to upload some shots from a MSet/Burning Ship hybrid I found, soon.

The Burning Ship fractal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Ship_fractal) is
characterized as an MSet whose real and imaginary parts are made absolute before
squaring. As it's own fractal, it's quite chaotic, and you're lucky to ever find
much interesting in it at all.

But as a hybrid, more interesting things tend to happen. In this (fairly common
from what I've found) shot, we see the MSet and its tricorn sitting
side-by-side, connected by Burning Ship's unique plankwork.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dual.jpg' (105 KB)

Preview of image 'dual.jpg'