POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Real or Render? : Re: Real or Render? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real or Render?
From: nemesis
Date: 23 May 2011 15:20:01
Message: <web.4ddab243256f81bf773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:14:33 -0400, nemesis wrote:
>
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >>
> >>   Since when has Terragen been called "photoshop"?
> >
> > didn't look like Terragen, just an edited photo.
>
> Doesn't look anything like a photo to me, as others pointed out, apart
> from the sizes being completely wrong no matter where you are in the
> world, there are other significant issues with the image that make it a
> physical impossibility.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/northpole.asp

amusing.  You search for "north pole sunset" in both google and flickr and
several copies of that image come up.

I don't see any particular "significant issues with the image that make it a
physical impossibility" with it though, apart from the sizes, which could be
edited.  Specially in the face of HDR photography making photos look like CG,
like this one with 3 min exposure:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelpixcomau/5452674118/