POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 May 2011 14:35:01
Message: <web.4dd6b3bf9fd34d3e9f4d10f90@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 18/05/2011 10:46 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:

> >> How about googling "Jacobean ceiling patterns" for some ideas.
> >
> > ah ... I've seen a few of those in my travels, maybe I can find an image
> > to use for a normal map ;-)
>
> I think an actual CSG would be better and give realistic shadows.

A height_field would be much easier, IMO. Maybe the new pavement pattern could
be used. Or, if someone can find a simple black/white solid Jacobean ceiling
pattern to use as a base, I've got a POV image beveling script I wrote a while
back to make chiseled height_field objects. Almost any image will work, so just
say the word I'll get it done :)

~Sam