POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Untitled S.F. [W.I.P.] : Untitled S.F. [W.I.P.] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Untitled S.F. [W.I.P.]
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 20 May 2011 04:20:01
Message: <web.4dd623a47a330d5d9c4fb0ad0@news.povray.org>
Just started this last night (That would be Wednesday for me).  It seems to be
coming along nicely, but I'm having a few problems.

First, I like the starfield, but I'd like to have more color, possibly a nebula,
maybe a few close stars.

Second, the planet.  It's supposed to have an atmosphere, but I can't seem to
get it to work.  The scale is 12 units to 100 meters or 3:25 scale, which makes
the gate roughly 6km across.  I'm currently looking at the gate, which is in
orbit around the planet at a distance of 35,768km

in actual units, the planet has a radius of 63,780ft.

I'm considering going to a 1:100 scale.

Third, if you look closely at where the stars appear on the dark side of the
planet, it seems to be out of round, but I may be mistaken.

Other than that, I have some work to do on the textures, and I want to make the
gate look more complex. (I've never really been good at greebling)

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: