POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass after rain (WIP) : Re: Grass after rain (WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass after rain (WIP)
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 12 May 2011 15:25:01
Message: <web.4dcc3328254e6bce9b6fbc2a0@news.povray.org>
The grass is superb, I really like it. The drops are indeed a bit spherical as
"s day" mentioned. And some are a bit displaced, hanging on the edges of the
blades. I think that is what you meant with taking the width of the blades into
account.

My idea to address this both issues is to trace() 4 times at the "edges" of a
drop (4 points orthogonal in the ground plane at the boundary of the drops) to
find a place completely on a blade. Perhaps you can determine the general slope
of the blade from this points and place a little bit scaled and rotated version
of a drop. I know, this is easily said and much harder to accomplish... But...,
it was my first idea to the problem.

Regards,
Michael