POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noise-function statistics? : Noise-function statistics? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:16 EDT (-0400)
  Noise-function statistics?
From: gregjohn
Date: 28 Apr 2011 10:35:01
Message: <web.4db97aaac5af6419a00085090@news.povray.org>
I have a situation (at work, if it matters) where I am seeing a population of
points or defects which are not spread out as random pixelated points but rather
as a cloud or noise3d-like function. I am wondering if we could learn more about
the cause or improve our sampling plan by thinking about it with the right
statistical ideal.

Can anyone point me to the proper terminology for this, or primers on ways to
statistically model this, or even what one can say about the physical mechanisms
when it happens this way?