POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POV 3.7 RC3 : transparent image_map in front of a mirror : POV 3.7 RC3 : transparent image_map in front of a mirror Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:39:21 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.7 RC3 : transparent image_map in front of a mirror
From: Bastien Jacquet
Date: 28 Apr 2011 09:35:00
Message: <web.4db96c497d418bb2757fc4770@news.povray.org>
I am using an image_map with transparent areas in front of a mirror
 plane { z,0
    texture{
      pigment { image_map{ png "front.png" map_type 0 interpolate 2 once }} }
    finish { reflection 0 ambient 1 diffuse 0 }
 }
 plane { z,-0.000001
    finish { reflection {0.6} ambient 0.5 diffuse 0 }
 }
 plane {  z,10
    texture{
      pigment { image_map{ png "opposite.png" map_type 0 interpolate 2 once }} }
    finish { reflection 0 ambient 1 diffuse 0 }
 }

Everything was good with 3.6, but moving to 3.7, I had to increase the distance
between the texture and the mirror in order to see something else than black
areas on transparent parts.

Is this an intended behavior ?

Bastien Jacquet