POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plug & play : Re: Plug & play Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plug & play
From: Aydan
Date: 19 Apr 2011 09:30:01
Message: <web.4dad8dfeaf9e00063771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
> I have found that is just plain how it works in video. I'm not sure why. I
> haven't been able to find a capture card that will process HD coming off a
> TV cable, in spite of every TV having this capability. The few capture cards
> that *seem* to have this capability require you to use their custom playback
> software that only runs on the same machine where you have the card plugged
> in, which kind of defeats the purpose of capturing the stuff in the first place.

Have a look at the Technisat Cablestar HD2 and DVBviewer
I've used the Technisat Skystar 2 for about 9 years now in combination with the
DVBviewer ant it makes for a very nice and well working PVR. You can also
separate the recording and the vieweing part by using the recording service
beta.

I've had to retire my Skystar recently because the reception had turned bad, I
suppose the HF-filters in the tuner have given out.

Regards
Aydan