POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 18 Apr 2011 22:25:01
Message: <web.4dacf1ef9fd34d3ea19076a50@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:

> Hey this is really starting to take shape! I merged your
> changes/additions and I've started to develop the next level. I think
> I'm going to be able to duplicate the previous layer and just move it up
> one level (background smaller arches) ... first I squared away the 3
> near background level ups ... they are now at 5,6, and 7 respectively.

It's looking good. Would a portcullis or some other open gate be doable? The
area seems kind of closed-in. Of course, there would need to be a backdrop, but
I'd be willing to throw some mountains out there.

> Also updated the files over in p.t-scene-files. Oh yeah ... really like
> the texture work Sam ... nice job!

Thanks! If I have the time I'll try to make the irregular bricks texture into
actual objects. I've been meaning to do that anyway, since having an irregular
brick macro might be handy...

Oh yeah, and since this will be a relatively small render, why not have some
isosurface foliage somewhere, like in the corners or on the tiers? They might
need to make use of radiosity importance sampling, but this scene is all about
new features, right :)