POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Other Dark Knight : The Other Dark Knight Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  The Other Dark Knight
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Apr 2011 23:20:01
Message: <web.4da5161bf71eadb8d2dbb2ff0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

If I had to pick a favorite super-villain, it would have to be Darth Vader. Why,
you might ask? Sure, he can wield a light saber with /some/ finesse, but not a
double-sided one. He can move objects with his mind, but he hasn't ever shocked
anyone with pure static electricity (not that I remember, anyway). Let's face
it: he's mediocre when it comes to The Force. Granted, he's more adept than any
of /us/, but he's not the *best*. So, why?

You see, Darth Vader, while all ominous and deep into the dark side, had
eventually come around. It's a shame he had caused so much trouble while alive,
but he moved over to the Light Side before it was too late. You might call this
a small concession, a last minute act of contrition, but he had discovered a way
to exist outside of death, and had indeed lived on even to encourage new Jedis!

I don't like villains (not even the super kind), but Darth changed for the
better; he showed everyone that whenever you can still breathe (if only barely),
you can change!

The sooner the better!

~~~~~~~

The Lego mesh comes from Reuben Pearse (thanks!). The scene was rendered with
focal blur and a micronormal for all surfaces (to soften the reflections). It
was given post-processing glare, chromatic aberration and noise, all in-POV.

Happy Raytracing!

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: