POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDR Studio Lights : Re: HDR Studio Lights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR Studio Lights
From: Edouard
Date: 11 Apr 2011 04:20:01
Message: <web.4da2b9a9ddadf959d562094e0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> > I'd been thinking of taking some HDR shots of studio lights so I could include
> > them in renders, but then I found someone who had already done it -
> > http://oliverwolfson.com/studio-light-hdr-images/
> >
> > Here's a very quick example using pure radiosity (trying out importance sampling
> > too).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Edouard.
>
> Looks very good.  I think I recognize that model.
>
> Recently there were some similar ones added to the sibl archives under
> lightsmith (http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html)
>
> -tgq

I hadn't looked at the sIBL stuff in a while, thanks for reminding me about it.

As for the Lightsmith images, the first two are the same as above; the ones by
Oliver Wolfson. I think the difference is that they've been mapped onto meshes.
For POV I just used CSG and the image mask on Oliver's website.

Cheers,
Edouard.