POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - final 1 : Re: Paris by night - final 1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - final 1
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 9 Apr 2011 18:55:01
Message: <web.4da0e2c0e2c3abffb88b47e40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> This is the final render of my scene, or almost as area_lights are switched
> off here, and a slight focal blur is needed to render correctly the
> catenaries in the background. Everything else however is finished.

Looking great so far, Thomas!

Will you be using area_illuminating area_lights for this?

You won't be using radiosity, though? Low-res, fading area_lights at each source
for bounced light wouldn't hurt, though it will most definitely make the render
times higher...

> The Final final render will take time however as it is extremely slow
> (media+focal blur+area lights).

You probably already know this, but when area_lights and focal blur are
combined, you can reduce the area_light samples if jittering is enabled...

The final render is going to look awesome :)

~Sam