POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AO experiments : Re: AO experiments Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AO experiments
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 6 Apr 2011 22:55:00
Message: <web.4d9d266cf74bb89b7f98f9e70@news.povray.org>
> While this approach may not work equally well in other environments, I
> guess the idea is worth being pursued further.

Was this inspired by recent events, or simply from an idea approaching out of
the blue?

Could the AO be applied to some sort of edge-finding scheme, where both inside
and outside edges are found and turned into a usable pigment? Not that I'm
holding my breath; even a speed increase for environmental lighting would be
welcome :)

Sam