POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Back to the Grime : Re: Back to the Grime Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the Grime
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 30 Mar 2011 13:05:01
Message: <web.4d9361c66c6364e781c811d20@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Then I realized, all I really need to do us use the crevice grime inside out: a >
bump on the outside is a crevice
on
>  the inside.
>
> Truly :)
>
> Weren't you originally using multiple objects for this? If that is still the
> case, your method would be useful in situations where one might want to chip
> away the outer edges of an object with other objects. The chips could be
> height_fields oriented to the normals of the main object....
>
> Sam

Yes, I was originally using mesh2 squares, but to get a good resolution, it
would call for *many* individual objects.

Now you've got me thinking again though, I could probably adapt some of my
existing code to generate a single procedural mesh that could be used for
differencing...

-tgq