POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smilin' Buddha : Smilin' Buddha Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Smilin' Buddha
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 29 Mar 2011 12:40:01
Message: <web.4d920b18b6cf2f8981c811d20@news.povray.org>
A high quality example of what I've been able to do with my crevice macro.  This
has two runs on it, one for the dark crevices, and one for the light ridges.  I
used a sampling resolution of 600, the parse time on my current machine was
9minutes (including ~4secs to load mesh, +15secs to calculate light dome.)
Render time was ~32minutes including focal blur and 16 3x3 area lights.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'buddha.jpg' (274 KB)