POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A particle simulation : Re: A particle simulation Server Time
5 May 2024 13:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A particle simulation
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 27 Mar 2011 21:55:01
Message: <web.4d8fe97e385622fa28345a750@news.povray.org>
Last post here for a while...

Slightly different scene settings: 4X the number of particles (200 pts), and
twice the number of generations per-frame...

Higher-count point sets really slow things down. This animation (48 frames
total) took around 20 minutes to render. Most of that time was spent parsing
(over 20 seconds per-frame) :( I need some sort of relevance map to determine
when to evaluate other points, and when when /not/ to. Maybe if I devise a 3D
array where each unit cell has n-amount of points, I could just pick from
that...

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'particlesc-19m_36s.mpeg.mpg' (324 KB)