POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Back to the Grime : Re: Back to the Grime Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the Grime
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 27 Mar 2011 20:15:01
Message: <web.4d8fd2d16c6364e7b86cffc90@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Then I realized, all I really need to do us use the crevice grime inside out: a >
bump on the outside is a crevice on
 the inside.

Truly :)

Weren't you originally using multiple objects for this? If that is still the
case, your method would be useful in situations where one might want to chip
away the outer edges of an object with other objects. The chips could be
height_fields oriented to the normals of the main object....

Sam