POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Back to the Grime : Back to the Grime Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Back to the Grime
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 27 Mar 2011 12:00:01
Message: <web.4d8f5ef4ae52c0e9b05ef170@news.povray.org>
Back to some work on my grime and edge wear.  I think I may be close to what I
want.  My previous thought on edge wear had some pitfalls it it, basically due
to how I was trying to implement it, I wouldn't get much, if any, falloff.  Then
I realized, all I really need to do us use the crevice grime inside out: a bump
on the outside is a crevice on the inside.  This works out much better and gives
some transition dependent on the settings.  All I need to do is reverse my
control angle and surface offset in the crevice texture.  The only Issue I can
potentially see is with unioned (non-merged) CSG where an 'internal' surface may
interfere with the tracing.  Here is a sample with both some edge wear and
crevice grime.

I will likely try to clean up and document my macro to post for others to play
with or modify soon.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: