POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 24 Mar 2011 19:25:00
Message: <web.4d8bd185f5e1e8f894d713cc0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I accidentally removed the speakers.  I was stripping out repeated elements
> that I can jus copy in POV for faster loading and I forgot to add the
> additional speakers back in.
>
> -tgq

I hear that! I deleted all the chair cushions and arms first thing (except one,
of course). Then I UV mapped the cushions and saved out the new master UVd mesh2
(yay PoseRay) and used a nested loop to repopulate the theater with UVd seats.
Soooo much faster parsing only a single instance.

Regarding the orginal models - Geez.... I thought those guys were all high-tech
and high-dollar. Who puts /that/ many copies of an object in a scene like this
/without/ UV mapping it first?? But maybe that's part of the challenge, eh?

Cheers,
Rob
www.McGregorFineArt.com