POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee #3 : Re: Matinee #3 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee #3
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 24 Mar 2011 11:40:01
Message: <web.4d8b64dd3c08001286ff1d480@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I have been looking at your back lighting on the chairs and was thinking at
> first it was un-realistic and makes it seem like the projector is mis-aimed.
> But I've been trying to find some reference images, which has been very
> difficult.
>
> One of a couple I found:
> http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/42-16491143.html
>
> It does seem like there should be some backlight, though it's hard to tell how
> much from this angle.  I'll have to see if I maybe need to incres it a bit in
> mine.
>
> -tgq

Heh, that's the same photo I used to reference the backlighting yesterday.

I wasn't really trying to be physically accurate; I didn't even have a light
back there before, just an emissive projector lens. So for the backlighting I
placed a small area light in front of the lens, in a light group with the chairs
and kids, and tried various intensities until I thought it popped enough
(artistic license and all that).

I'm making a few more tweaks including: better clothing textures, the
"projection" of the "movie" in the window glass (thanks Edouard), dialed down
lens flare, and a slightly emissive aoi cone to simulate a bit of projector beam
(although you can't see much of it from my camera angle). I'll post an updated
(final?) shot later today.

Cheers,
Rob
www.McGregorFineArt.com