POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 23 Mar 2011 21:05:00
Message: <web.4d8a98abf5e1e8f8b05ef170@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> > Next update.  I moved our guy to a different movie, changed the seat texture, I
> > changed all wall and roof textures to the same and added a light to the booth as
> > well.
>
> Looking great!
>
> If I were to offer one suggestion, it would be that all the movie theaters I've
> been in have a glass window in the projection booth, and the movie, a bit out of
> focus, can be seen projected on (or though I guess) the window.
>
> > -tgq
>
> Cheers,
> Edouard.

My next stage.  I added the glass for the movie to project on.  It isn't out of
focus, but the focal blur will hopefully take care of that.  The screen image
and projector beam, is a point light behing a filtered image, so it ends up
being in focus the whole length.  I would have to do some real tweaking to get a
true out-of-focus to focus projector beam.  I adjusted the skin and seat
textures a bit and added a bit of radiosity (the screen image is excluded, as I
already have that as an area light array instead).

And just ignore that guy in the next row...

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'matineescene 6.jpg' (165 KB)