POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aquatic Alien final : Aquatic Alien final Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Aquatic Alien final
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Mar 2011 16:10:00
Message: <web.4d8a5277264c3935fd5daddd0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is probably going to be the final version. After starting this one I
realized that any "cute" aspect the other version possessed was a preconception
I held from *before* I added the mustache, and that it indeed looks quite
sinister. This version is /slightly/ better, but I still wouldn't want to turn
my back on it...

It was rendered in five passes and took a little over 1 & 1/2 hours to complete.
It uses the following features:

 - render baking via illusion.inc
 - fast, fake SSS (I might start calling it "diffuse occlusion")
 - a proximity pattern
 - textured fog
 - luminous bloom

The bubbles are just transparent spheres with an ior of 1/1.33. Both they and
the height_field were given textured fog, but the creature was not (good call
Thomas).

Comments and/or questions, welcome as always!

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'aquatic-alien-1h_35m_29s.jpg' (229 KB)

Preview of image 'aquatic-alien-1h_35m_29s.jpg'
aquatic-alien-1h_35m_29s.jpg