POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee #3 : Re: Matinee #3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee #3
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 22 Mar 2011 10:55:00
Message: <web.4d88b6e43c08001286ff1d480@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Yes, that right arm was /really/ wrong and I'm still working on the perpetrator,
> > but it's going to be a casual walk-by, "oops, I 'accidentally' spilled my coke
> > on you."
> >
> > I finished up the actual drink spillage this afternoon: quick geometry render
> > test on the left, full texturing under scene lighting on the right.

> > www.McGregorFineArt.com
> The liquid is very convincing, how did you modeled it?
> ;-)
> Paolo

Thanks :)
I used Silo 2 to deform a box into the basic forms, then the sculpting tools to
smooth and stretch everything into detailed splashy shapes. Also added some
deformed spheres as droplets flying around.

The ice cubes are just many instances of a single mesh (a box with some randomly
perturbed vertices), randomly rotated and scattered out.

www.McGregorFineArt.com