POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calibration : Re: Calibration Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calibration
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 21 Mar 2011 18:35:01
Message: <web.4d87d1d8cd7c6dd994d713cc0@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> I hope this will help and the 3rd part of monitor calibration - besides
> the transfer function (i.e. gamma correction) highlight/shadow
> adjustment as targeted within this post - would be color calibration
> (and also the most difficult one). All three of them are equally important.
>
> -Ive

With all your experience in image processing (Lilysoft/IC, etc.) I certainly
appreciate you sharing you knowledge in this area. After I adjusted my settings
I realized that my scenes have been wrong-lit for some time now; especially
noticable in the dark theater setting of the Matinee challenge.

I think I'm close to being calibrated now gamma-wise and
brightness/contrast-wise too, so thanks Ive, this is a big help for me.

-Rob

www.McGregorFineArt.com