POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee #2 : Re: Matinee #2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee #2
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 18 Mar 2011 10:25:00
Message: <web.4d836a1c4b0f308486ff1d480@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> That's my take on the CGSociety lighting challenge #26
>
> I think I will use a render of this setup with higher radiosity quality
> settings as 2nd submission (still workin' on the 1st).
> The color scheme (and shirt motive) is chosen on purpose to give the
> scene a 70ies look - thats how the scene modeling by Dan Konieczka looks
> to me: a 16mm projector and the sound system is neither THX or Dolby
> Digital ;)
>
> Criticism quite welcome - before I hit the run button for the final render!
>
> -Ive

Wow, they sure didn't have stadium seating here in Florida back in the 70s. And
cupholders in the chairs, that's a 21st century innovation (and is what has made
the movie theaters more money than anything else recently, since they typically
/lose/ money on ticket sales).

The shot looks good, but I think it needs a bit more direct lighting coming from
the screen, seems a little too dark overall. I love the Bowie t-shirt, great
touch!

www.McGregorFineArt.com