POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crevice grime : Re: Crevice grime Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crevice grime
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 15 Mar 2011 18:30:01
Message: <web.4d7fe76450dd01ddb05ef170@news.povray.org>
> Nice, this is really starting to come together, looking good. What's the parse
> time for the grime algorithm per head mesh here?

I am using very low testing settings so I can get quick results, but parsing
depends on the sample resolution, and number of normals traced.  On my home
machine, with res set to 400,  number of trces set to 32, this parsed in
~30seconds, including ~7seconds to load the mesh (~35MB).  Rendering is another
40secs on top of that, mostly because of all the intersections for each
grime-pixel.  I've been think about a way to try to make a procedural texture
out of it rather than the current method.

-tgq