POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crevice grime : Re: Crevice grime Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crevice grime
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 15 Mar 2011 13:45:01
Message: <web.4d7fa4cd50dd01dd81c811d20@news.povray.org>
> hey wow ... making some progress! Did they link I put up spark an idea?

Thanks.  No not yet.  Still working at some other tweaks of my testing before
adding some subsampling.  I do have some ideas for what I want to try for
sub-sampling. There are two different levels:
1) grid sampling level - rather specifying my starting grid size with a large
resolution, I may try smaller and have it subsample based on intersections.

2) number of crevice traces shot - with this, I would specify a base level (say
4 at 90deg spacing) and then subsample based on intersections found

Of these, #2 is the easiest and most applicable perhaps.  The first item is for
my current scene level testing only where I have to manually set and run the
traces.  The idea would eventually be that it is a pattern in the code that uses
the camera rays themselves.  In this case, any resolution subsampling required
would be probably handled by AA settings.