POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crevice grime : Re: Crevice grime Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crevice grime
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 15 Mar 2011 12:20:00
Message: <web.4d7f911350dd01dd81c811d20@news.povray.org>
Another test on a more complex mesh object.  Here I have run 3 different
instances. Note each one has to be run separately and translated/rotated before
running the algorithm, otherwise the untraced areas would be visible.

Here the general object size is 200units high.  Crevice checking is done for a
control depth of 15units, normal angle of 75deg, 16 traces per point.

I also changed the object I am using to show my crevice solouring, I am now
using mesh 'pixels' that extend back into the camera point (mesh because they
are a 4-sided pyramid of sorts), but intersected with the base object.  This way
I get a sharp transition from each pixel, with no overlap.  One downfall of this
is that I have to texture my base object after using it in the grime (or use an
untextured instance) as the intersection CSG operation causes my grime pixel to
adopt the base object texture otherwise.

The grime is a little pixelated here, because my general pixel size is ~2x that
for the image resolution.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: