POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crevice grime : Re: Crevice grime Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crevice grime
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 14 Mar 2011 11:50:01
Message: <web.4d7e38be50dd01dd81c811d20@news.povray.org>
Had a bit of an error in how I was handling my harmonic mean function that I
fixed.

Here is a run on a real mesh, and it looks like there may some potential.

For scale, the elephant mesh is approximately 240x220x110.  I have run a 500x500
sampling grid over a ~350x350 square.  Note:I am using a square that uses the
diagonal corner length of the mesh bounding box, so it tends to end up larger
than it needs to be, but this just easily ensures that I am sampling the whole
object without having to sample the whole image/scene.

The other settings I used were:
normal angle = 75deg;
normal samples = 24;
standardized depth for harmonic mean = 10

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'trace2.jpg' (77 KB)