POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Dragon : Re: SSLT Dragon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Dragon
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Mar 2011 12:45:01
Message: <web.4d7cf43dd81bd80d8eebbb560@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 12/03/2011 10:47 PM, nemesis wrote:
> > my bad: as McGregor noticed in another thread, SSS plays bad with radiosity like
> > radiosity used to play with reflections, but you can still render fast SSS
> > results and composite them with a radiosity scene. :)
> >

> Yes, your bad. It is impolite to call someone by their surname without
> their title. It sounds disrespectful.

Is it so Comrade Stephen?  I wouldn't know -- perhaps call him Chevalier
McGregor?  McGregor-san?

I think on the internet titles are irrelevant, specially as people from all over
the world gather around.  It'd be silly to call me "Mr. Nemesis" or something...

> > to "photograph" this miniature:
> >
> > http://i54.tinypic.com/s0wj1c.jpg
> >
> > sadly this tone mapped and defocused composite can't quite show off the
> > different SSLT in the 3 figures (lot in the front, quite less in second dragon
> > and none in the one behind), so here's the raw render from Blender:
> >

> Shame about the focal blur. :-(

but macro photography is all about focal blur! o_O

http://www.wired.com/images/slideshow/2008/04/gallery_faves_macro_photos/macro_faves_1.jpg