POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Dragon : Re: SSLT Dragon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Dragon
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 12 Mar 2011 15:45:00
Message: <web.4d7bda38d81bd80d94d713cc0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> The image does seem to be missing something. That's a problem with SSLT,
> it is back to the days of slooow renders. :-(

I agree, that's why I further developed my multipass render tricks this last
weekend. The technique allows you to render the subsurface pass separately,
without radiosity or area lights and it's then pretty fast, even with focal
blur.

Then you can render the regular shot without subsurface, but with radiosity,
area lights, etc. and just screen the subsurface pass on top. It's a HUGE
render-time saver.

www.McGregorFineArt.com