POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange Chairs : Re: Strange Chairs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Chairs
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 10 Mar 2011 07:45:01
Message: <web.4d78c73f14450c3a9d3beec70@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/2011 11:54 PM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> > "Aaron Gillies"<nomail@nomail>  wrote:
> >> These are the days of strange chairs.
> >
> > Nice mood.
> >
> > I can't help but notice that all the chairs are /facing/outward/. Strange days
> > indeed.
> >
> > Sam
> >

> What? never played musical chairs as a kid? ;)
>
> Of course, this is musical chairs for faeries; which is rather strange,
> if you ask me. The focal blur provides an excellent sense of scale.
> These chairs look about 1 inch tall.

Yes -- that effect comes from a couple of things.  The camera distance and
angle, the focal blur and the size of the textures compared to the size of the
objects.  I though of putting them on a sheet of newspaper to give a greater
sense of scale, but I ran out of time -- I wrote the SDL code on my Netbook on
the train en route to work and rendered it on the same machine!