POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 9 Mar 2011 10:35:01
Message: <web.4d779d20f5e1e8f881c811d20@news.povray.org>
> I guess the area lights array is the way to go for the primary
> illumination - though I'd suggest to not go without radiosity entirely,
> as I guess it might give an added touch.

Yes, I may add that in for some subtle addition, but remove the screen image
from affecting it directly.

> When using radiosity, don't forget that theaters typically use pretty
> dark materials. Looks like you're using some bright grey for now, which
> makes the radiosity scene unrealistically "light-flooded".

I am using my default diffuse white texture at present for light testing.  I
will add textures still.

> In case you want to give radiosity-only illumination another try, don't
> forget that you can prioritize objects: Use "radiosity { importance 1.0
> }" for the screen, and - say - "radiosity { importance 0.01 }" in the
> #default block, then crank up the global settings' radiosity count.

Hmm.  Is this a new addition?  Don't recall it from before.  Have to see how it
affects it maybe.  It may still be a bit of a problem, as the screen isn't a
small light source relative to the scene size.

-tgq